As a Christian, we should live everyday to magnify and honour Christ. We should live in such a way that the people around us know that we are a Christian. Your lifestyle should set you apart from the world. Your walk and talk should let people know that there is something different about you.
As a Christian, you should not fit in with the worldly crowd. We should always be good examples of Christ everyday, everywhere we go.
I was thinking about this and I thought of three things that we can do to help us in standing out from the world.
In part 1 of this series, we talked about GLORIFYING GOD on a daily basis and giving the honour and glory for everything He has done in our life.
Today, I want to talk about the 2nd thing we should do every day and that is to GIVE TO GOD.
GIVE TO GOD
- As soon as we hear the phrase, ‘Give to God’ we automatically think of money. God really doesn’t need our money, He just wants our obedience.
- We can give more to God than just our money (treasure)
- We can give our time and our talents also.
- Treasure – “For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.” Matthew 6:21 KJV Yes we need to tithe and give our offerings, but we can also use our money to be a blessing to those around us.
- Time – “I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.” Proverbs 8:17 KJV We need to give God some of our time every day. He desires to have a relationship with us, He wants to fellowship with us. God has done so much for us, He has given us so much, that we in return should be willing to spend some time with Him everyday. You can read your Bible and pray everyday. It is simple, but I fear most Christians probably don’t even think twice about spending with God.
- Talents – “Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest.” Ecclesiastes 9:10 KJV If God has given you the ability to be good at something, be the best you can at it and use it to serve God. Too many people let their talents go to waste or use it for their own selfish gain. God gave us the talent so that we in return can use it for Him and to further His Kingdom.
You can hear this as a podcast on: