It has been awhile since I have posted, and I plan on getting back on track with posting.
Today, I just want to share 3 things from the services yesterday that stuck out to me. Each one was both convicting, yet motivating.
1. “If someone were to pattern their life after mine, where would they end up.” This was from the Sunday School lesson yesterday. I need to live a life so that my children can pattern their life after mine and end up in a place that is pleasing to God.
2. “Don’t play Russian roulette with your soul!” Great truth preached in the morning service! How many chances will God give you to get saved? There will come a day when you will have had your last chance to accept Christ as your Saviour! Don’t wait, the Bible says today is the day of salvation!!
3. “Are you bring water to the fire, or are you bring wood to the fire?” A motivating message last night to be active in soulwinning and the ministries of the church. We shouldn’t go to church looking to criticize and gossip about our fellow church members, we should go looking to see how we can edify and encourage others!
I would love to hear how God spoke to you yesterday in your church services!
The hardest thing to do in life is to get life right.
We are faced with so many choices and decisions on a daily basis and just one wrong choice can mess up the rest of our life.
Every choice has a consequence. It can be a good consequence or a bad consequence, but every choice ends up deciding our future.
The best way to make the right choices is to make them based on principles. If you make choices based on emotions or feelings than you may end up regretting the choice you made. If you make choices based on how life is going, you may end up just making life worse. But, if you make choices based on principles, than you are bound to make more right choices than wrong choices.
Now as a Christian, I believe that our principles should come from the King James Bible. The KJB should be our guidebook in life. If we live our life based on what the Bible commands us to do, we will be pretty well off in life.
At the beginning, I said the hardest thing to do is to get life right. Well, let’s put God in control of our life and He will help us get life right. He will help keep our life right.
When we know what is right and what we should do, but we let the flesh make the decision….it is not going to end well.
Make your decisions based off of Biblical principles!
Here in the near future I will be sharing some Biblical principles to help us in life!
Grudge – a persistent feeling of ill will or resentment resulting from a past insult or injury
If we are honest with ourself, we have probably all held a grudge against someone. At some point in life, someone harmed you, did you wrong and you held a grudge or may still me holding a grudge. It is part of life.
“Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice: And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ’s sake hath forgiven you.” Ephesians 4:31 – 32
- Bitterness – anger and disappointment at being treated unfairly; resentment
- Wrath – extreme anger
- Anger – a strong feeling of annoyance, displeasure, or hostility
- Clamour – make a vehement protest or demand
- Evil speaking -profoundly immoral and malevolent speaking of another person
- Malice – the intention or desire to do evil; ill will
God covers everything a grudge can be in vs. 31. He takes a grudge and breaks it down into different stages and tells us to put it away, to get rid of it. If you let the grudge just consume your life, you will get to the point of malice where you desire to do evil. We can’t let that grudge grow into that! Whatever stage your grudge is in, give it up! Your grudge towards someone isn’t effecting them in anyway, they may not even know about your grudge or they may not even care. Your grudge will hurt you in the long run!
Give up your grudge and be kind! Learn to forgive, learn to move on. It isn’t always easy but it is always better. I am sure it wasn’t easy for Christ to forgive us, yet He forgives us on a daily basis even though we sin on a daily basis. Christ doesn’t hold a grudge against us even though He has every right to. He is kind, He is forgiving, He is tenderhearted and He loves each and every one of us.
We are to be like Christ. Be like Christ in being grudge-less. Learn how to forgive. Learn to be kind. Learn to love.